Re: Slur and tie between chords

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: Slur and tie between chords
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 08:11:12 -0700

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Janne Uusitalo
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I've attached two images to illustrate a problem I'm having with
> simultaneous notes, slurs and ties.
>
> The original version is what I'm hoping to get, and the lilypond
> version is what 2.14.2 offers me for
>
> %{ 24 %}    <des des'>2(~
> %{ 25 %}    <des as'>)~
>
> Any ideas on how do I make the slur connect the two higher notes
> instead of the two lower ones?

This isn't currently possible in lilypond. You're either going to have
to manually move the slur or use some of the other workarounds
offered.

Gould recommends that in general inner slurs be avoided and the inner
ties be in opposite direction to the slur connecting chords. So you
could try that (add a '^' before your '('), but it might not look
quite right in the second voice.

-----Jay