Re: A must-see for anybody on this list

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: A must-see for anybody on this list
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 18:11:39 +0100

Am 14.02.2013 18:05, schrieb Janek WarchoĊ‚:
Hi all,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
I will soon pick up on that communication, and then I'll surely raise the
engraving issue, showing them some of my 'raw' scores, Janek's beautiful
final versions and maybe some exemplary git commits.
Thanks for your kind words :)

As for demonstrations, you might be interested in the attachment.  It
contains a small git repository (13 commits) with Lily sources of a
choir part from 3rd movement of Antonin Dvorak's Stabat Mater.  I
think it's a very good example of LilyPond at work, problems with
default output, and the beautification progress itself, especially
that the commit history was specifically hand-crafted to show and
document each stage of beautification.  Using interactive git rebase
you could even add some typos inside :P
I think it could be an entertaining and informative demonstration to
show these commits with respective compiled scores to people in music
industry.
This engraving was created by me from a version used by my choir.  I
don't know what the original edition was, but i'm pretty sure that it
should be in public domain, so consider yourself free to use it under
the terms of GNU GPL 3 or higher. Feedback is welcome!
Thank you very much.
I already thought of doing something like this for this purpose, but maybe I can use this one.
I only did a quick glance on it but it seems like a nice 'show-case' piece.
Of course it is biased as in a real-world project you won't get such a clean and instructive history, but who cares, that's advertising ...

Best
Urs

best,
Janek