Re: glissando over several notes

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: glissando over several notes
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 22:50:43 +0100

2013/2/14 Stefan Thomas <address@hidden>:
> Dear community,
> I've expected a straight glissando from c to g in the below quoted example.
> Unfortunately, there is no glissando!
> How can I achieve what I want?

I wouldn't use \once with 'glissando-skip.

Try:

\version "2.16.1"

goGliss = \override NoteColumn #'glissando-skip = ##t
stopGliss = \revert NoteColumn #'glissando-skip

\new Staff \relative c' {
  c8\glissando \goGliss d e f \stopGliss g2
}

> And: isn't there an easier way to get a glissando over a longer passage,
> something like a textspanner?

Well, it _is_ possible with a TextSpanner, I used it this way before
'glissando-skip was available.
But believe me, you will _not_ have much fun.

HTH,
  Harm