Re: Slur and tie between chords

From: Janne Uusitalo
Subject: Re: Slur and tie between chords
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 13:59:20 +0200

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Jay Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:

> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3031
>
> ties be in opposite direction to the slur connecting chords. So you
> could try that (add a '^' before your '(')

I decided to go with Tao's and Eluze's suggestion, first creating an
extra voice for the upper second bass and then tweaking stem lengths
and force-hshifting notecolumns to mimic chords. I also starred the
issue Jay linked to, as I really think this should be something
working out of the box.

^( worked as intended, but in this case, despite Gould, I wanted to
direct the slurs down to not interfere with the first bass melody. I
also tried \slurDown but it didn't seem to have an effect on ^(.

Thanks for all the replies.

Janne