Re: Markup centered on barline between staves

From: Javier Ruiz-Alma
Subject: Re: Markup centered on barline between staves
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 01:04:45 -0800

Javier Ruiz-Alma <address@hidden> writes:

I need to place markup between the staves, best centered at the
barline.
How is this accomplished?

%%%%%%% BEGIN LILY CODE SNIPPET

\version "2.16.1"
<<
\new staff {
c''1
\mark \markup{
\override #'(baseline-skip . 1.5)
\abs-fontsize #10
\column{
\halign #-1.3 "D.C."
\concat{ "sin'al " \raise #0.8 \musicglyph #"scripts.ufermata" }
s1
}
\new staff { c''1 s1}

%%%%%%%%%%% END LILY CODE SNIPPET

Please test your examples before posting them to the list.  At any rate,
you might be looking for \center-column.

--
David Kastrup

Source compiles in 2.16.1, giving the sample .pdf.  Oh, pardon the
unneeded "\new staff"s, those give warnings and can be deleted.

At any rate, I'm able to push the markup on the Rehearsal Mark below the
lower staff with "\override RehearsalMark #'direction = #DOWN"
I haven't been able to find documentation showing how one can place the
mark below the treble staff....not all the way below the bass, such that
the markup lies between the staves.

%%%%%%% BEGIN LILY (RESTATED) CODE SNIPPET
\version "2.16.1"
<<
    {   c''1
        \mark \markup{ "BLA" }  %Need this below treble staff and above
bass staff
        s1
    }
    { c''1 s1}