Re: how to place fermata over \breathe?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: how to place fermata over \breathe?
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 09:15:32 -0600

Jay,

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Jay Hamilton <address@hidden> wrote:
Alas none of the proposed solutions work
version 2.16.1
here's the logs

Joram's solution

breathe test.ly:31:41: error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting SCM_FUNCTION or SCM_IDENTIFIER or SCM_TOKEN

c c \once \override BreathingSign.text

= \markup \breatheFermata \breathe

Eluze's solution

breathe test.ly:31:41: error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting SCM_FUNCTION or SCM_IDENTIFIER or SCM_TOKEN

c c \once \override BreathingSign.text

= \markup \breatheFermata \breathe

and what I hoped with the s32*0 really messed things up usually putting the fermata over the following measure rest or note.

So what's next? Or ...... [btw please notice that I have begun to use 2.16 but that does not mean I comprehend assorted idioms like the difference of tweak to once or even where to place these suggestions so I just pasted each one into a 2.16 template to find the error]

Please specify your version when you ask the question in the first place.  Both Joram and Eluze have answered you based on a newer syntax which isn't recognized yet in 2.16.

To get both to work in 2.16,, use BreathingSign #'text  instead of BreathingSign.text

HTH,
David