Re: Removing Fingering_engraver

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Removing Fingering_engraver
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 16:52:03 +0100

Am 17.02.2013 04:09, schrieb David Kastrup:
> Remove the Fingering_engraver, _and_ add a dummy engraver listening to
> fingering events and ignoring them.  Then New_fingering_engraver will
> not feel compelled taking over.

Ok, there seems to be a reason for this behaviour and a way to deal with
it. But it is not what you would call straightforward. Perhaps this
interplay could be reflected by the engraver name?

Btw, the docs state: "This engraver is ill-named"
which also leads to the question what a correct name would be.
(I understand that it is difficult to come up with a name, that covers
the whole purpose of this engraver)

Joram