Re: Removing Fingering_engraver

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Removing Fingering_engraver
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:08:35 +0100

Noeck <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 17.02.2013 04:09, schrieb David Kastrup:
>> Remove the Fingering_engraver, _and_ add a dummy engraver listening to
>> fingering events and ignoring them.  Then New_fingering_engraver will
>> not feel compelled taking over.
>>

> Ok, there seems to be a reason for this behaviour and a way to deal with
> it. But it is not what you would call straightforward.

The unstraightforward thing is that we have two different engravers
catering for the accents inside and outside chords.  And one works by
looking at the articulations on the note event, and the other listens to
broadcast articulations.

This duplicity leads to several other problems as well.

--
David Kastrup