Re: Don't engrave measure symbol, actually now Browser differences

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Don't engrave measure symbol, actually now Browser differences
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 03:02:23 +0100

2013/2/21 Nick Payne <address@hidden>:
> On 21/02/13 11:59, Andrew Bernard wrote:
>>
>> Using Safari or Chrome, clicking lilypond documentation illustrations
>> displays the lilypond code used to produce them. Using Firefox or Opera,
>> these browsers offer to save the file.
>>
>> The browser behaviour is different regarding how they deal with an anchor
>> which is an image. It's not really a lilypond matter.
>>
>> I have a look into how we can make this cross-browser compliant. The
>> behaviour where the browser directly shows the code seems to be preferable.
>

> It's the same problem the other way around for the Lilypond installer shell
> scripts. Click on the download link for one of them in Firefox and it
> defaults to saving the script, which is the wanted behaviour. Click on the
> same link in Chrome and it defaults to opening the script in the browser
> window, which is not what is wanted.
>
> Nick

To be more precise: I use Firefox on Ubuntu 10.04
There must have been a change with some of the latest Firefox-updates.

I was used to open clickable images from our documentation with gedit,
but recently noticed that it didn't work any more.
Although, I can click on images from
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/notation-big-page.html#index
and Firefox still shows the code.

After some research I managed to get back my old preferences:

In Firefox: Edit->Preferences->Applications I found _two_ entries for Lilypond:
LilyPond-Notenblatt (text/lilypond-source)
and
LilyPond-Notenblatt (text/x-lilypond)

Setting `Action´ for _both_ to `Use gedit` restored the old behaviour.

Thanks,
  Harm