Re: Hushing up Sibelius news?

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: Hushing up Sibelius news?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:35:01 -0800

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:55:54PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:

> Well, the comment
>
>     "Terrific news. I do hope you???ll keep Linux users in mind as
>     well???they are plenty of us hungering for a great notation program."
>
> managed to annoy me.  Though probably a good part of what people call
> "great notation program" likely concerns note entry, and that's not
> something where the LilyPond toolchain really shines.

It might take a little longer, but you get so much better output.

It's not for me, but if someone wanted to quietly join the blog
conversation, it might be interesting to ask if some of the folks
asking for multiple voices on one conductor staff and such, could
post just a one-page excerpt of a problematic score or part.
Then we could engrave that page in lilypond and post a link back
to the list saying "That page took me x minutes with Lilypond.
Here's the PDF showing how it looks, whaddya think?"

On a moderated blog, the post of the Lilypond PDF link might
never see the light of day, but one can try.  I bet Daniel would
view it.

I agreed with the blog poster who said that Lilypond probably
covers 98% of the wishlist, except for the UI, as you mention.  I
also would wager that a lot of the posters on the blog are
capable of learning Lilypond's UI, if only they knew that Lily
could fulfill their wishes.

Jim