Re: Horns example from blog

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Horns example from blog
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:32:50 +0100

Am 22.02.2013 11:27, schrieb David Kastrup:
Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

I was trying to reproduce the example .png given in the blog,
accessible at http://felixrosch.com/example.png.

That example shows two grouped staves, each with two horn parts
written on the same stem, as though they were a chord.

Ah, that makes it clearer.
If you want to achieve that result but want (obviously) to have
separate voices
I don't see anything here that would warrant separate voices.  Just use

\new Voice << \tromboneOne \tromboneTwo >>

in order to put both into the same voice and be finished.

You're right, I didn't think of this possibility.
What he needs is obviously _not_ two voices but to keep the music variables independent.

But I'd suggest he uses \partcombine because that's what it is meant for and can show practical input structure.