Re: Ending slur combined with decresc on single note

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Ending slur combined with decresc on single note
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:04:15 +0100

2013/2/22 Garrett Fitzgerald <address@hidden>:
> I'm re-setting my wife's part of Grainger's "Irish Tune from County
> Derry", because it doesn't have the authentic English-language tempo
> and dynamic instructions. Everything went well (I think) until the
> last measure, where a slur terminates on a fermata that decrescendoes
> from p to ppp. As a first attempt at this, I used
>
> d4( | << d1)\fermata \\ { s4\p\> s8 s s s s s\ppp } >>
>
> which renders the decrescendo well, but warns me of an unterminated
> slur. Putting the ending slur outside the brackets didn't work either,
> obviously. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to render this
> properly? Thanks.

Hi,

since your example doesn't compile, if I make it compile it produces
terrible output and because you omitted the version and probably
confused Tie and Slur I'm absolutely not sure, though, maybe:

\version "2.16.1"

%\paper { ragged-right = ##f }

\new Staff {
        \override  Hairpin #'minimum-length = #8
         << {d''1~ d''1 } { s1 s4\p\> s8 s s s s s\ppp } >>

}

Please, it's the end of a hard week and I can't stand devine what
people want any more:
http://lilypond.org/website/tiny-examples.html

-Harm