Re: lilypond-book

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: lilypond-book
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:08:07 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, David Kastrup wrote:

Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> writes:

I did "sudo mkdir /share" and "ln -s /usr/share/lilypond
/share/lilypond" and now everything, including lilypond-book works as
expected.

I am glad this works, but does anyone know how to fix this properly ?

It's apparently a consequence of Fedora's directory structure and/or
PATH not matched to how they install LilyPond.

I found a way to fix this issue in a less drastic manner.
I simply modfied the PATH environment variable and put it in my ~/.bash_profile

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:~/bin

I simply removed /bin from the original PATH. /bin is not needed in the PATH in Fedora 18. Maybe should I should tell the Fedora people to remove /bin from the standard PATH.

Now lilypond-book works as expected again.

--

MT