Re: lilypond-book

From: Robert Eckl
Subject: Re: lilypond-book
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:42:52 +0100

Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
>
>> If I type "which lilypond" in my terminal "/bin/lilypond" is returned.
>>
>> And I can type any of:
>> lilypond -v
>> /bin/lilypond -v
>> /usr/bin/lilypond -v
>>
>> with the same normal result
>>
>> But strange things start to happen only when I try to compile a
>> lilypond input file.
>>
>> OK: lilypond foo.ly
>> OK: /usr/bin/lilypond foo.ly
>> ERROR: /bin/lilypond foo.ly
>>
>> Only the last command fails:
>>
>>      ERROR: Unable to find file "lily.scm" in load path
>

> I managed to get lilypond-book working with an ugly work-around.
> But it does illustrate what is going wrong.
>
> When I run lilypond using "lilypond" or "/usr/bin/lilypond" the
> lilypond files are searched under /usr/share/lilypond/
>
> But when I use "/bin/lilypond" (which is what lilypond-book does on my
> Fedora system) it tries to search under /share/lilypond - and this
> does not exist.
>
> I did "sudo mkdir /share" and "ln -s /usr/share/lilypond
> /share/lilypond" and now everything, including lilypond-book works as
> expected.
>

> I am glad this works, but does anyone know how to fix this properly ?

Not really your answer, but perhaps usefull:
Yesterday i tried to compile lilypond from git source on linux mint and
found the - ERROR: Unable to find file "lily.scm" in load path -, too.

I could solve this by doing "sudo make install" in the directory, where
lily.scm resides, but then i got other issues. Finally i deleted the
own-build lilypond-version IIRC 2.17.13, did an uninstall of my old
2.17.09 and installed the version 2.17.12, downloaded from the website.
After that all was fine.

Cu
Robert