Re: Ending slur combined with decresc on single note

From: Garrett Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: Ending slur combined with decresc on single note
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:25:10 -0500

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Thomas Morley
<address@hidden> wrote:
> 2013/2/22 Garrett Fitzgerald <address@hidden>:
>> As a first attempt at this, I used
>>
>> d4( | << d1)\fermata \\ { s4\p\> s8 s s s s s\ppp } >>
>>
>> which renders the decrescendo well, but warns me of an unterminated
>> slur.
> \new Staff {
>         \override  Hairpin #'minimum-length = #8
>          << {d''1~ d''1 } { s1 s4\p\> s8 s s s s s\ppp } >>
>
> }

That's an even better example than the one I found in the LSR, thanks!

But no, I didn't confuse ties and slurs -- it just so happened that
the penultimate note was the same as the last one. There were several
notes under the slur before it, which I omitted for irrelevance.