Re: Mutopia

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Mutopia
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:55:05 -0500

"New contributions will not be added until such a new team is in place,
although I will try to continue to process updates to existing contributions
where possible."

This is from Chris Sawyer's message (copied below) to the Mutopia discussion
list on November 25, 2012, in the thread "Mutopia must live!"

Cheers,
-Paul

_______
All,

Thanks for the various messages during today.

As has become rather obvious, Mutopia activity has been almost
non-existant for the last few months and the time has come for me to
hand over leadership to someone new with the energy and enthusiasm to
take the project forward.

I have been leading the project since 1999 but unfortunately no longer
have the time to put in the hours required to bring the site up to
modern standards and co-ordinate the addition and updating of contributions.

We attempted to set up a new system for handling contributions around a
year ago but unfortunately that wasn't completed for various reasons.

I do not want to see Mutopia die due to lack of interest on my part, and
am willing to work for several months with a new team to get things
going again. However someone needs to volunteer to co-ordinate that team.

New contributions will not be added until such a new team is in place,
although I will try to continue to process updates to existing
contributions where possible.

Thanks to all who have supported Mutopia since 1999 and if you are
interested in co-ordinating the project from now onwards please contact
me by e-mail. If you want to see how things work at present, the source
code for the website, scripts and all LilyPond files can be found in
github. Of course I will give admin rights to the new co-ordinator so
the project can be taken forward.

I still believe Mutopia is unique in offering "open source" sheet music
that can be edited, transposed, arranged, etc. all using free software.
I really hope that a new team can be found to continue the work.

Best regards,

Chris