Re: Mutopia

From: Felix Janda
Subject: Re: Mutopia
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 20:19:30 +0100

On 02/23/13 at 05:58pm, Noeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some pieces (vocal scores of 3 chorals of Bach's Christmas
> Oratorio and in future some more) that I would like to share.
>
> I got no response from the mutopiaproject. Is there anything new since:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-11/msg00300.html
>
> What should I do? Upload it to imslp and forget about mutopia?
> Did someone start an official mutopia-collection-git-repository?

You can find the official git repository at github at

http://github.com/chrissawer/The-Mutopia-Project

It should be useful to have a look at the issues and the wiki.

Some new pieces have been added via github's pull-requests but not many,
yet. So fork the repository and file a pull-request. It won't be
forgotten, but it might take some time for it to make it into the
official repository.

Thanks that you also want to help with updating some pieces. Pieces in
very old lilypond syntax make it hard for people to tweak scores from
Mutopia to their hearts content. Glen Larsen has described a workflow
for updating pieces in the wiki. For updates you won't have to wait that
long to find them in the main repository.

Felix