RE: sustain pedal warnings

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: sustain pedal warnings
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 23:28:30 -0800

Derek:

No ignorance. I have been working with Lilypond for about six months and
most of the little that I know is from experimentation and the help of
others in the group.

My solution was gotten with a little experimentation. Since the \sustainOff
works when it is in the voice that started it, my suggested trial and error
would be to have
<< {\sustainOn %first measure, second measure \sustainOff } \\ { %first
measure, second measure } >>.
Then repeat this pattern for each successive pairs of measures.

This may or may not be the most elegant or efficient means. It is the one
that makes sense to me.

Another learned item is that when doing explicit voices, i.e., using << and
>>, putting the higher voice first and the lower voice second seems, up to
now, to work more smoothly.

Mark