Re: dynamics in \parallelMusic

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: dynamics in \parallelMusic
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 14:17:49 +0100 (CET)

> A dynamics context should do what you want:
>
> \version "2.16.2"
> {
>  \parallelMusic #'(righthand lefthand dynam){
>    %bar1
>    d''2 b'2|
>    d'2 g'2|
>    s2 \mp s2 |
>
>     }
>  \new PianoStaff<<
>    \new Staff { \righthand }
>    \new Dynamics { \dynam }        \new Staff { \lefthand }
>  >>
> }

Unfortunately, this doesn't give good results in general, since the
Dynamics context corresponds to a straight horizontal line between the
skylines.  However, the `middle' between two piano staves is usually
not a straight line, as the attached image demonstrates.

I'll enter an enhancement request for this.

    Werner

PNG image