Re: Advice on bar numbers

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Advice on bar numbers
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:44:18 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham.Okely" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:22 AM
Subject: Advice on bar numbers

I have a manuscript with some repeats and a first and second time bar.

I want to arrange a drum line in my drum machine.

To line up the bars between the manuscript and the drum machine it helps to
have all the bars numbered. These commands work fine:
     \set Score.currentBarNumber = #2
     \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #'#(#f #t #t)

But how do you add the correct bar number for each repeat?

Yes I can set the bar numbers as they should be with \set
Score.currentBarNumber = #66
But what do I do when I have repeats and the bar numbers will be 43, 59 and
84 over one bar?

I could print the manuscript out fully with no repeats that would work.

Are there any other ideas out there?

Thanks
Graham

Gould suggests either using a and b suffixes or continuing the numbers through the repeats, so there are no duplicated numbers. She points out this makes identifying specific bars simpler in rehearsal.

See Alternative bar numbering in http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/bars#bar-numbers

--
Phil Holmes