Re: Advocating non-free softwares [WAS: Heads up about Frescobaldi & Ubu

From: linux
Subject: Re: Advocating non-free softwares [WAS: Heads up about Frescobaldi & Ubuntu - Insert Menu Glitch]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 13:20:11 +0100

> On Feb 26, 2013, at 10:03 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>
> > Francois Planiol writes:
> >
> >> No idea... I just begun to use the last realease of frescobaldi under
> >> [a freedom-limiting operating system] and this is just fantastic.
> >
> > Thanks for your encouraging words about Frescobaldi.
> >
> > Could you please be more aware and more careful about advocating the use
> > of non-free operating systems?
>
> Does this mean we shouldn't mention that we use non-free operating systems?
> Or ask questions, comments about non-free operating systems?

Having free software on freedom-limiting operating systems is not a way to
advocate the use of those freedom-limiting operating systems, but rather a way
towards getting rid of them.

Soon Francois is using Linux and he can use Lilypond, Frescobaldi and all his
settings one to one. One more Linux user!

Gabriel