Re: Glyph for longer MultiMeasureRest

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Glyph for longer MultiMeasureRest
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 02:38:47 +0100

2013/2/26 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

>>> Rests equal or longer than breves use a breve rest, and this is the
>>> second of your examples.  Gould agrees with this.  The longer rests
>>> appear to be longa rests - Gould does not mention them but it seems
>>> appropriate to me.
>>
>> So, LilyPond's default seems to be correct.
>
> I disagree.  IMHO, LilyPond is plain wrong.

> Please file a bug report.

Done.
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Wrong-MultiMeasureRest-glyphs-td141576.html

Though, I'm not sure you're right.
Seems there was taken some effort to ensure the default behaviour,
otherwise properties like 'round-up-exceptions,
'round-up-to-longer-rest and 'usable-duration-logs wouldn't exist.

-Harm