Re: Footnotes to lyrics

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Footnotes to lyrics
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:43:55 +0100

Daniel Rosen <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

Bah.  It might work to write \lyricmode { Lyric } instead of "Lyric",
possibly even without the \default.  While this creates an extra layer
of sequential music, this layer should be invisible to the \lyricsto
mechanism.

But yes: music functions inside of lyricmode clearly leave quite a bit
to be desired in 2.16.

Sorry for that.

> I'm guessing you're referring to the \auto-footnote markup
> command. That would indeed look better, but you're right--the output
> was identical to that of the example above, with no annotation showing
> up. This syntax:
>
> \version "2.16.1"
> <<
>   \new Voice = "voice" { c' d' e' f' }
>   \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice" { \markup { \auto-footnote "Lyric"
> "footnote" } }
> >>

> yielded this error:
>
> programming error: Cannot find correct footnote for a markup object.
> continuing, cross fingers

Bug squad, can we get an issue for this one?

--
David Kastrup