Re: Output PDF has different chord font than expected

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Output PDF has different chord font than expected
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 00:43:23 +0100

On 27 February 2013 20:29, mayornancy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using lilypond (2.16.2) on Windows7 SP1 in "portable" mode (I simply
> extracted the installer to a folder).
>
> After compiling the following Chord example found at:
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Chords#Single-staff-template-with-notes-and-chords
>
> my result PDF chord symbols are using a very different font than the example
> output shown on the webpage (please see attached png)
>

> Is there some registry/environment setting I have to manually adjust in
> order for the default lilypond chord font to be used?

Apparently it's a Windows bug.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-12/msg00542.html
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12/17/windows_security_update_kills_fonts/

Define New Century Schoolbook as default roman (serif) font, thanks to
explanations from NR 1.8.3 Fonts > Entire document fonts
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/fonts.html#entire-document-fonts

Cheers,
Xavier

--