Re: Instrument switching with a new staff - possible?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Instrument switching with a new staff - possible?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 07:14:31 +0100

SoundsFromSound <address@hidden> writes:

> Just incredible.  This LilyPond community is simply untouchable -
> /unmatched /anywhere else on the web, in my experience.

LaTeX community (the plain TeX community, in contrast, falls apart into
few individuals with their own style and macros and very infrequent
interaction).  A common factor is that both systems have text input and
are programmable, powerful and expressive, so you can give quite better
more thorough and reliably reproducible advice compared to WYSIWYG
systems with output/screen view not corresponding to the input you need
for generating it.

--
David Kastrup