Re: StaffGroup and GrandStaff: Barlines not connected in version 2.17.*

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: StaffGroup and GrandStaff: Barlines not connected in version 2.17.*
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:37:16 +0100

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 28.02.2013 09:12, schrieb Thomas Scharkowski:
>> Hi,
>>
>> from the 2.17.13 doc:
>> "In the StaffGroup context, the group is started with a bracket and
>> bar lines are drawn through all the staves."
>>
>> The example below results in all staves not connected.
>> This is also the case in the pdf of the notation doc.
>> Looks like a bug to me.
> Yes, it is:
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3203
>
> The correction seems to be on countdown, so the next version is corrected.

Maybe reusing the issue was a bad idea of mine: the immediate correction
was to revert the bad change.  This has happened rather directly after
the first reports of the problem came in.

The patch on countdown now is for reintroducing a fixed version of that
change.  I'll try fixing the impression by closing 3203 (in order to
preserve the history of it, by merging into the old issue 3192) and
reopening the old issue.  That should make people less afraid to delay
the patch in its current form by further review as it clearly is _not_
fixing a critical issue (the revert took care of that right away).

--
David Kastrup