Re: Instrument switching with a new staff - possible?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Instrument switching with a new staff - possible?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:54:00 +0100

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 07:14:31 +0100
David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> SoundsFromSound <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Just incredible.  This LilyPond community is simply untouchable -
> > /unmatched /anywhere else on the web, in my experience.
>
> LaTeX community (the plain TeX community, in contrast, falls apart into
> few individuals with their own style and macros and very infrequent
> interaction).  A common factor is that both systems have text input and
> are programmable, powerful and expressive, so you can give quite better
> more thorough and reliably reproducible advice compared to WYSIWYG
> systems with output/screen view not corresponding to the input you need
> for generating it.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

+1

After starting to use LaTeX I registered on tex.stackexchange and got _very_
helpful, immediate and competent help.
It is not a forum for discussion but rather a Q&A site which is also a good
thing (it urges you more to search for existing answers than a plain mailing
list, and it creates a very good and accessible archive of FAQ).

Best
Urs