OFF-TOPIC: Changing Education Paradigms [Re: Advocating non-free softwar

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: OFF-TOPIC: Changing Education Paradigms [Re: Advocating non-free softwares]
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 11:25:27 +0100

David Kastrup writes:

> Starting scene of Macbeth.  But at any rate, I perceive a shift in
> educational systems to award degrees that have at best a weak
> correlation with being competent in the certified field of expertise.
> There is much stronger pressure on teachers and professors to have
> enough students pass exams rather than make sure that those who pass
> exams can be trusted with their subjects.

> But we are by now seriously off-topic.

You're not alone in perceiving this.  The famous `Changing Education
Paradigms' by Sir Ken Robinson is currently the most viewed TED talk.

A broad movement has been started in the Netherlands to actuate this
change in education: essentially a shift from tests to value.

Greetings, Jan

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl