Re: a lot of accidentals. how do I notate them?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: a lot of accidentals. how do I notate them?
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 22:54:18 +0100

Sarah k Alawami <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok. I know how to notate the sharps and flats but I might have missed
> in the big manual how to notate naturals and there are a lot of them
> in this piece.

I think I understand your problem.  You think that aes writes a flat,
and bis writes a sharp.  This is _not_ how LilyPond works.  Instead you
write the pitch you want to hear.  LilyPond will decide by its own rules
when it needs a sharp, a flat, or a natural.

What you write as a is _always_ played on a white key, what you write as
fis is _always_ played on a black key.

--
David Kastrup