Newbie: Setting music, verses, music, verses

From: Kevin Zembower
Subject: Newbie: Setting music, verses, music, verses
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 10:40:55 -0500

Hello. I'm trying to set a congregational handout for liturgical music.

The appearance I want for one piece of the music is:
  Refrain: music and lyrics
  Verses: text-only verses 1-3 in three columns
  Music and lyrics
  Verse 4, text only

Right now, I'm able to achieve this with:
  \score section combining music and lyrics
  \markup \fill-line \column with verses 1-3
  \score section combining the second music and lyrics part
  \markup \column section with verse 4 text

I'd like to improve this in two ways:

1. Conceptually, I don't think this is the way it should be done. I'm
guessing that this should all be in one \score.

2. Appearance-wise, the second piece of music starts with a time
signature and is indented. I think that this is a consequence of the
second \score section. I would like for this not to occur.

Sorry for not posting a working example. The music is copyrighted, and
I'm concerned about violating the copyright. I didn't see how I could
reduce it substantially and still illustrate the problem.

Thank you for any suggestions you have for me to change this piece. I
really appreciate the Lilypond user community and how helpful it is.

-Kevin