Re: divisi parts and another general question

From: Sarah k Alawami
Subject: Re: divisi parts and another general question
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 10:45:22 -0800

Hey thanks. I'm thinking of using the  thing in  the manual that says

<< { \voiceOne ... }
  \new Voice { \voiceTwo ... }
>> \oneVoice

but this goes back and forth all the time through out this 1 to 2 minute piece.
so in this case would the double back slash work? and if so how do you get back
to the unison voice with that approach? I get the feeling it has something to
do with those left and right  brackets but am drawing a blank. Will they know
hopefully that you do a divisi? he wants us to write in the text divisi and
unison or unis or tutti so I'm kind of in a bind here as to what to do

I understand the left braces are part of the big picture but then after that it
gets a bit confusing. and I suck at math. lol! I"ll keep playing with this and
see if I can creature something at least readable. lol!