Re: making progress I think. Thanks all.

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: making progress I think. Thanks all.
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 21:26:10 +0100

Am 02.03.2013 21:20, schrieb Sarah k Alawami:
Well I'm getting fewer errors lol! Here is the score attached

I got some errors but the pdf still produced. here is the log
 Processing `/Users/SA/Desktop/second violin part.ly'
Parsing...
/Users/SA/Desktop/second violin part.ly:7:11: error: syntax error, unexpected '}'
c c fis d |
           }
You have } at the end of the third and fourth line of your music.
The first one of these should be removed.
See, you finish off the music _expression_ with the curly brace (in the third line), but it shouldn't be finished as it is continued in the next line.

So LilyPond will assume you closed the group, and now it wonders why there is another closing curly brace (that doesn't match an opening curly brace).
/Users/SA/Desktop/second violin part.ly:4:0: error: errors found, ignoring music _expression_

<< { \voiceOne ees ees  ees8. d16 c4 |
/Users/SA/Desktop/second violin part.ly:0: warning: no \version statement found, please add

\version "2.16.2"

for future compatibility
fatal error: failed files: "/Users/SA/Desktop/second violin part.ly"
I see that I got a faidel error so what Id  I do wrong/ I counted to make sure there were no rhythm errors and tried to follow the manual to the best of my ability.
I think though I'm slowly getting the hang of this thanks to all of your help and the manual.

Tc all and be blessed.