RE: divisi parts and another general question

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: RE: divisi parts and another general question
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 00:58:20 +0000

Hi David,

> Have you even tried it?

Prior to v2.17, I used a function which, to my memory, is identical to the one you've posted. There were bugs with it (specifically with \transpose or \relative — I never hunted down the exact problem). This function that I've posted works perfectly for me now, and has for the past several versions of Lilypond, without the intermittent problems I had with that other function.

I have far too much work composing and engraving right now (~18 months of classical and music theatre commissions) to spend time testing your function. However, if you'd like to exhaustively test the two versions with multiple \transpose and \relative commands, etc., and get back to me with a whitepaper on the results, I would be happy to look it over.

In the meantime, my function — as I've said — works perfectly for me. And since it isn't broken, I have no inspiration to [potentially] fix it right now.

Thanks again,
Kieren.