Re: divisi parts and another general question

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: divisi parts and another general question
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 10:33:46 -0500

Hi David,

> Here is one difference: #{ ... #} creates copies of music identifiers
> referenced via \... inside.
>
> That's not relevant for anything you mentioned explicitly, but it
> _would_ have triggered issue 2263 in case you were using _chord_
> _repetition_ in connection with \relative.

I definitely use a lot of chord repetition, and I always (= 99% of the time)
use \relative. In fact, until only recently, most of my code had \relative {}
instead of the now-promoted \relative x {} [where x is the first note in the
music expression]. (I am slowly updating my old code to fix this.)

Furthermore, I can report with total confidence that the bug I encountered was
an octave displacement problem — I remember that vividly, since it was so
irritating (and inexplicable).

So it seems that

> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2263>,
> previously
> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1110>.

were/was almost certainly the problem(s).

Can you say with 100% certainty that this issue is now solved, and hence that I
will get identical results the my function and the simpler function (which I
prefer)?

Thanks,
Kieren.

p.s. I'm relieved to have proven to myself that my memory was to be trusted on
this after all!  =)