Adrian le Roy

From: pabuhr
Subject: Adrian le Roy
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 22:13:06 -0800

This question is not about lilypond, so feel free to shame me.

I have played a few Adrian le Roy pieces on guitar and enjoyed them. I'd like
to go back to the original manuscripts and write out a few songs in lilypond
for teaching purpose (and no copyright issues). However, easier said than done.

Here is an original manuscript:

  http://imslp.org/wiki/Special:ImagefromIndex/192332
  Tiers Livre de Tabvlatvre de Gviterre 1552

Whoa!!! Can someone explain this musical notation to me? Is it for a lute?
What does it mean? Is there a book that might explain it?

If this question is inappropriate for this newsgroup, please post directly to
me rather than cause problems on the group.