Re: editor Re: final score

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: editor Re: final score
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 08:02:04 +0100

Hello Sarah,

My setup it to use TeXShop, which is part of TeXLive, to edit the .ly files.
A trick : in order not to lose the current selection or cursor positition when
you re-activate an editor window, click in the gray background of its title
bar, not in in the text pane below.

I compile the files in the Terminal with:
        lily myFile.ly
The command can be called again with the up arrow of the keyboard.

"lily" is defined as an alias in "${HOME}/.bashrc":
        alias lily="/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond
--pdf"

Another way round is to define a function in  "${HOME}/.bashrc" to avoid typing
the ".ly" extension of the file:
function lil ()
        {
        /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond --pdf ${1}.ly
        }
and then "lil myFile" does the compilation.

Sorry if I over-explained things you already know.

Regards,