Re: Chinese punctuation in Lyric mode

From: Silas S. Brown
Subject: Re: Chinese punctuation in Lyric mode
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 23:53:33 +0000

Hi Werner, here is a minimal test case:

\new Voice { c' c' c' c' }
\addlyrics { 啊, 啊, 啊, 啊 }
\addlyrics { 啊、 啊、 啊、 啊 }

(The Chinese character 啊 is like "ah".)  In the first
verse, normal commas are used.  The second uses full-width
commas, and the 3rd uses dunhao.  The ONLY verse to be
aligned correctly is that with normal commas (I was mistaken
when I said full-width commas work as well).

I've attached the output PDF.  I hope it's possible to
make the horizontal alignment of verses 2 and 3 to be the
same as that of verse 1, i.e. treat , and 、 the same
as normal commas.

Thanks.

Silas

--