Re: "dodecaphonic-first" accidental style

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: "dodecaphonic-first" accidental style
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 12:25:24 +0100

Am 05.03.2013 12:20, schrieb David G:
Actually on closer inspection the Webern score I was referring does *not* have the same method of accidentals as the Universal edition of the Berg piece - accidentals are only omitted when a pitch is immediately repeated in the same octave (I think that's actually more readable especially when bars can be very long).
That's also a quite common practice with contemporary scores.