Re: BreathingSigns and automatic beams

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: BreathingSigns and automatic beams
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 02:00:12 +0100

2013/3/7 Nathan <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> It says in the docs that \breathe interrupts automatic beams.

FWIW, 2.12.3 didn't divide the beams.
I didn't found a single point to apply, though.

> How do I
> override this behavior without resorting to manual beaming?
>
> In other words, I have something like the following snippet:
>
> \relative c' {
>   c8 d \breathe e f g f \breathe e d
>   c d \breathe e f g f \breathe e d
>   c1
> }
>
> and I'd like the beams to automatically ignore the marks.

Well, nowadays we have the 'collision-interfaces-property but adding
breathing-sign-interface to it seems to have no effect.

\version "2.17.12"

respectBS = {
  \override Beam #'collision-interfaces =
    #'(beam-interface