Re: Pseudo-handwritten font

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Pseudo-handwritten font
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 10:39:17 +0100

Marc Hohl <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 07.03.2013 00:45, schrieb Thomas Morley:
>> 2013/3/6 Shane Brandes <address@hidden>:
>>> there was a jazz font patch somewhile ago.
>>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-12/msg00290.html
>> There is some currently unfinished work in the german forum.
>> http://www.lilypondforum.de/index.php?topic=1218.0
>> But you need an account there to get the attachments. I don't feel
>> free to post the code here, though, I attach the resulting image.
> Wow, very impressive!

I hate to admit it, but it looks like a game changer of strategic
importance to me.  People tend to pick LilyPond to get the best
typesetting.

But this would rather make quite a few people pick LilyPond just to get
a certain _look_.  That this look is still done using good typesetting
will be a secondary consideration to them.  At least at first.

> I hope that this extension will find its way into the official
> lilypond releases...

What needs to be done for this?

--
David Kastrup