Re: Bar lines

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Bar lines
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 06:24:25 +0100 (CET)

>> I really would not like to have to tell LilyPond for every single
>> fragment to not use a final bar line.
>
> Could you explain what you didn't like in my suggestion that said "if
> the music is more than 3 bars long, use a "|." barline; if it's 3 or
> less use a "|" barline"?  I think that it quite nicely addresses the
> problem you pointed out above.

It's unnatural for me.  To properly support it, we had to introduce a
property, say, `numbers-of-bars-triggering-thick-barline'.  But as
soon as we need a property, it makes much more sense to me to have a
different one, namely `end-bar', which tells LilyPond which bar line to
use at the end of a piece.

    Werner