Re:Proposed new available and recommended behaviour of \relative

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re:Proposed new available and recommended behaviour of \relative
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 08:59:55 +0000

Dear LilyPond users,

Am I right in saying that the proposed new \relative {}, where the first pitch is absolute, is equivalent to simply writing \relative f {} in current usage? That might make it easier to explain in documentation than trying to explain that the first note is treated differently to the rest, although f may initially seem like a strange choice of reference point to a new user.

As for the change itself I'm in favour of it, but I don't feel strongly about it.

Kevin