Re: Proposed new available and recommended behaviour of \relative

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Proposed new available and recommended behaviour of \relative
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 12:47:33 +0100

2013/3/8 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> What is the resulting pitch of
>
> \relative c' { ces, } ?
>
> Quick, without thinking?

Without thinking: I don't know. Good example.

>  What is the resulting pitch of
>
> \relative f { fes, } ?
>
> Quick, without thinking?

Without thinking, I know this is an absolute « fes, » because I am
used to \relative f { }, this is good.
But if you are used to \relative c' {} then you get and octave lower
than expected.
Now the problem is, what does absolute « fes, » look like? At the end
of the day, you must think a bit.

>  What is the proposed resulting pitch of
>
> \relative { fes, } ?

> Now there is not even an opportunity for thinking.

This is very good. Thinking is always uncomfortable when you don't want to.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com