Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 11:18:20 +0100

Hi,

this suggestion might take the crown of the most discussed change away
from the treble clef touchup - i'm impressed :)
Anyway, i see the situation as follows:
- most of us consider changing the behaviour of \relative {} (without
explicit reference pitch) a good idea,
- we (i.e. user community) are not sure whether this new \relative {}
should be the recommended way of doing things.

I suggest to implement the first thing and then wait several weeks.
We'll be able to make a better, more informed decision about the
second issue after actually using new \relative {} for some time.
I remember when David suggested that we should recommend \relative f
{} instead of \relative c' {} - we had quite a discussion back then.
Now it turns out that many people are happily using \relative f {}.

best,
Janek