Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2013 15:12:35 +0100

Am 09.03.2013 07:04, schrieb Matthew Collett:
> On 9/03/2013, at 12:22 am, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> +1
>>
>> +1 , I was currently using \relative f { }  anyway, so this would
>> allow removing the f, leaving the {...} intact, which for me would
>> imply a smooth transition to the new behavior.
>
> +1
+1

I always use \relative and all people to whom I explained LilyPond,
asked why they need this c' or c'' before the music.
And if you decide to use the starting pitch (no calculating), like
  \relative gis' { gis4 … }
then they wonder, why the same pitch is needed twice.

In short, I like this proposal and after being a bit reluctant about
making the new proposed behaviour the default, I would even vote for
that (perhaps with a delay, like suggested before).

Joram