Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative

From: Olivier Biot
Subject: Re: Proposed new available and recommended behavior of \relative
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 23:25:37 +0100

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Olivier Biot <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Thinking of which, I believe I am struggling with "music entry notation"
>> versus "music storage": writing in relative pitch is often easier for note
>> entry, but absolute pitches are IMHO better suited for storing
>> music. I may
>> be trying to do both with the same "grammar".
>
> yes, what's convenient for music entry doesn't have to be convenient
> for storage.  Fortunately Frescobaldi can easily convert between
> relative and absolute.  I'm even thinking about converting all music
> to absolute right after input.

At least it is robust against copy&paste.

Definitely!

The more I think about it, and given the implementation constraints of "state" in music expressions, the more I like the new proposal.

However I still need to make up _my_ mind about the "entering music" versus "storing music" bout.

Best regards,

Olivier