Re: Idle curiousity about ancient Lily-lore (fwd)

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Idle curiousity about ancient Lily-lore (fwd)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:41:20 -0400

On Sun, 2013-03-10 at 16:17 +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:
> Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > ... but without using uppercase to make parsing by the computer
> > easier.
>
> Actually, it makes typing music easier.
>
> -- Johan

I made an editing script which used capitals in exactly
that way, and never used it. The best reason to use all
lower case is to minimize the number of note names. To
use capitals doubles the number of note names and makes
correction of input mistakes more complicated.

I like to use capitals for things other than note names,
especially chord names, to prevent confusion.

Regards, daveA

--
Guitar teaching materials and original music for all styles and levels.
Site: http://www.openguitar.com (()) eMail: address@hidden