Re: Pseudo-handwritten font

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Pseudo-handwritten font
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 11:50:50 +0100

On 7 March 2013 21:52, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Earlier this day I informed the Author of it in the DLF (the german
> LilyPond-Forum).
> He answered already, reporting having made a lot of improvements and
> posting a new image.
> Though, no code, perhaps he will post the code here or in DLF, don't know.

Hi,

Apparently people are very interested by this pseudo-handwritten font
(here on the international mailing list, but French-speaking users
also repeatedly manifest their interest on lilypond-user-fr, and I
guess it is the same for German-speakers).

Thomas (Harm), since you speak German and already got in touch with
the author, could you  (well, or someone else) ask him if he will
eventually release the code of this font?  And preferably using a
free/libre license (like GPL or OFL)?

If so, we could safely add a feature request to support this
"game changer of strategic importance" in future lilypond releases.

It would be great to have a "music-font" property for each grob
(including each individual Script), to allow people to mix Feta,
Gonville and (if so) this pseudo-handwritten music font in one same
score.

Cheers,
Xavier

--