stem direction when crossing staves

From: Peter Wannemacher
Subject: stem direction when crossing staves
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 01:13:47 +0000 (UTC)

\version "2.16.2"
\score{
\new PianoStaff<<
\new Staff = "rh" << {r4 <g' c'' e''> r <g' b' d''>}
\\{\stemDown e'8[ d'] \change Staff="lh" \stemUp c' a g c' \change Staff="rh"
\stemDown d'4 | }

\new Staff="lh"{\clef bass \voiceTwo c2 g,

I place my question below the example because the email client thinks I'm
top-posting.

Greetings,

I have a part which crosses between two staves. I would like the stems to go
down when on the upper staff and up when on the lower staff. I have succeeded in
the example below, but I would like not to have to type stem direction (or
\voiceOne) along with the "\change Staff" each time. Is that possible?

Peter Wannemacher