Re: \mark halfway a bar?

From: Rutger Hofman
Subject: Re: \mark halfway a bar?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 14:43:32 +0100

On 03/14/2013 01:01 PM, Janek Warchoł wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Rutger Hofman <address@hidden> wrote:
Good afternoon list,

I want to have a rehearsal \mark halfway a bar. I cannot find anything in
the v2.16 manual.

I'm not sure i understand your problem.  You can simply insert a \mark
anywhere you want it to be:

{ c'8 c' d' d' \mark \default e' e' f' f' }

does this help you?

A \mark is currently tied to bar events (specifically: a small selection of events like bar, time signature, clef, ...). The mark is moved to either end of the bar, wherever in the bar it occurs. I want to place the mark over some specific time within the bar, e.g. at the third quarter in a 4/4. Moving the mark around with offsets doesn't really do the tric either, the mark will appear at different times in different parts that share the same mark.

A possible workaround might be a Dynamics context that mimics the layout of \mark, but then a \mark over a bar is placed over the first note, not over the bar. Still, that might look best.

Rutger